Mary Baker and I have created a subreddit specifically for pervasive, mobile, andubiquitous computing, and we’d like you to join and share content. Examples include (but are not limited to):
· News in the popular press about mobile and ubiquitous computing
· Works in progress that you, your colleagues, or your friends are doing
· Fun videos of pervasive computing systems in action
· Information about interesting research papers, best paper awards
· Dates, calls for papers, and calls for participation for relevant conferences
· Smartphone apps that you are working on and you want people to try
· Discussing trends in ubicomp research, including trends in research or in technology (can be an article, your opinion, or a question)
· Pictures and trip reports of conferences and trade shows
We’ve also asked some faculty to consider incorporating the use of this site as a shared resource for their courses, for example having discussion of research papers there, or posting summaries of in-class discussion.
The pervasive computing subreddit was also created as an experiment for IEEE Pervasive Magazine. Mary and Jason are looking to create a community-driven column comprised of interesting content that people wanted to share. As such, content posted to this forum will also be considered for inclusion in an ongoing column that we are working on for the magazine.
So please join us! Subscribe to this subreddit, and feel free to start voting, commenting, and adding links that you want to share.