[Web] To Pop-Up, or Not To Pop-Up, That Is the Question



http://www.technewsworld.com/story/40304.html

My co-author on The Design of Sites answers about web popups.


Recently, while replying to e-mails from readers of my book, The Design of Sites, I came across a comment from a designer who claimed that my recommendation to use pop-ups was hopelessly out of date.

Did this reader not understand me, my recommendation -- to use pop-ups primarily in situations when people are asking for more information or when trying to better serve customer needs by asking survey questions? Or had I lost touch with reality and slept through a transformation of the industry?

To answer these important questions, I set about re-examining the best practices around the use of pop-ups on the Web.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix a Jammed Toyota Camry Trunk

Web 2.0 and Research

NYTimes: It Takes a Cyber Village to Catch an Auto Thief